Do you ever feel like you are a spectator of your own life? As though you are constantly finding yourself in surreal scenarios where all you can do is watch yourself try to figure out your next move? It probably sounds weird, but that's because it is, (think, 'how am I not myself?') but more and more often I am finding myself caught in these situations... out with people I don't really understand, forced to choose between the lesser of two evils or the better of two equally wonderful opportunities, caught in the middle of two very different groups of friends, told that I should focus in on studies that I currently loathe... But that's life I guess, learning how to deal with circumstances that are less than ideal.
Anyways...
This weekend has been pretty good thus far. Last night after rehearsal I actually had the night off!! It was my first friday since early March where I was actually here in Nashville and not working. So what did I do to celebrate? Well... I went running (cause it's just gorgeous here right now) then I ordered Chinese food (cause I haven't had it in for-ev-er) and I sat down on my living room floor and ate it while watching "16 Candles" on the Fox Family channel. I figured I had my "friday night fun" a few times earlier in the week, so I felt justified in staying home alone... and it was wonderful.
Today I went brunching over at the Red Wagon in East Nashville with some of the crew: Ryan, Brian, April, Amber Love, S Dot, and Lizzie (Amber Love's 18yr old sister who's about 2 weeks away from being a mom! Ava's on her way!) Then I ventured over to Target for my regular $50 trip, where I bought a broom and a swiffer, becuase our floors just look gross, and if I don't clean them, no one else will.
Currently I'm sitting out on the porch at F. Monkey washing down my Las Paletas Chocolate chocolate-chip popsicle with an iced coffee, while writing to you lovely people! Mmmmmm. Yay for carefree weekends.
No comments:
Post a Comment