As if I needed any more issues to care about.. BUT This initiative is really creative. i just might have to incorporate a program around it. Just think of the friends I'd make if I handed out commmunity service convo to everyone who sent a buddy to the G8 summit.
Also, this Sunday at 8:59 (EST&PST) the ONE Campaign will air it's ad on all MTV Network stations (MTV, MTV2 mtvU, VH1, Comedy Central, CMT, Spike, TV Land, Nick at Nite, MTV Espanol; and BET) and sometime between 8 -9 the ad will air on ABC. Yay.
Side note: For the record, part of me feels like some of these celebrities are just bandwagon "issue" fans or something. Yes, I know, terrible thing to say, because at least they are getting involved and attempting to educate themselves, but still. Just so we all know, I was involved in this LONG before Brad, Tom, or Penelope came along...
Anyhow, go to ONE.org today to get your white wristband so you can be cool like me and all the famous people and pretty much everyone in the UK. (seriously, america is so slow about this stuff..)
Just so you know, the ONE Campaign is basically the American version of the "Make Poverty History" Campaign which has been thriving in Europe. Ironic that it took an irish rock star to bring the movement here... To see why Europe is much cooler than we are, check this out.. and yes.. those are the white wristbands I'm talking about, (only theirs say MAKE POVERTY HISTORY, and ours say ONE) but the only way to get them in America is through ONE.org.... Or you can come to my wedding, cause how cool would it be to give them out to all the guests? I mean come on.. they even say ONE on them....
Yeah yeah, it's gonna take someone special to tone me down... tell me something I don't know.
=)
That's enough advocacy for today.
Night ya'll.
No comments:
Post a Comment