The past few weeks have been amazing, insane, melancholy, thrilling, painful and everything else. There is so much that I would like to say, but I fear that saying anything would jinx everything, even if there isn't really anything to jinx. (if you could follow that, 10 points to you!)
Current mood: moderately content...
Current Music: Keane "Hopes and Fears"
I wrote 2 1/2 sets of lyrics this week.
Last week I tried out for our Commercial Music Showcase, and I didn't make call-backs or anything, but I felt really good about my audition, and for the first time in a long time, it was almost as though the rejection didn't phase me (in other words, very few tears were shed, and I managed to move through the 5 stages of grief briefly!)
Yes, I did watch the debate.. and I took 5 pages of notes; so never fear, you'll have my 2 cents soon enough.
I am volunteering to take the HIV vaccines at Vandy... I am nervous, but not for the reasons you would think.
I'm working at our NashvilleCARES AIDS Walk next Saturday, and word on the street is that Jars of Clay will be at the booth I'm working with. I've heard them speak a few times, so it will be cool to meet them.
Belmont Hunger & Homelessness is sponsoring 4 convocation events this month! Plus we will be serving dinner at the City Rescue Mission at the end of this month, and twice next month. Hopefully we will have students who are willing to come help. In case you were wondering, 2 of our convo's will be over the current Sudan crisis (1 is a lecture, 1 is a letter-writing campaign), Healthcare for the Homeless, and Faith & Advocacy.
Our Faith & Advocacy convo will feature a Belmont alum who now works for "Bread for the World" a non-profit, faith-based organization... the cool part is that while she is in town, she has assembled a group of people to do a lobby visit to Senator Frist's office. The majority leader! The even cooler part is that they have invited me to come! Yay! My first lobby visit, and it will be to the Majority leader! Ahh! (yeah yeah, I'm a dork, I know!)
God has been good to me, even though things have been difficult. I've been really busy, but it's been nice. It feels good to be involved and to feel needed. As hard as some things have been, they have forced me to rely on God more and more. I'm still extremely impatient, but even as I was reading through last month's "bloggings" I can tell that God has changed me.. even if it is only a little bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment