11.24.2006

What's a Sooner to do?

If there was ever a day for Sooner fans to care about a Texas game... that day would have been today.

Texas vs. Texas A&M

Oh the drama.

A win for Texas would shoot them into the Big 12 Championship, whereas a win for A&M would put OU into the Big 12 Championship game (assuming OU wins tomorrow against OSU... which isn't that hard to assume).

Let's take a moment to count the reasons why Texas does not deserve to go the Big 12 Championship:
1. 111th passing defense in the country.
2. Hello! They lost to Kansas State.(in your free time you should investigate their record this season)
3. Need I mention the Oregon/OU game? Yeah... I didn't think so.
4. Uh, it's Texas. Duh.

The good news is this: thus far, the football gods have agreed with my reasoning.

Oh friends. I hope you saw the game. It was beautiful. The A&M 8+ minute drive to the goal line in the 4th quarter. The interception by A&M with 1:18 left in the game.

The OTHER interception by A&M with only 17 seconds left in the game...

People, I have a sore throat.

I watched the majority of the 4th quarter between the lines of my fingers.

Glorious. (i still don't like A&M, but glorious!)

Now there will be some that will blame this on McCoys injury...but that came with 20 seconds left. Yeah, the pinched nerve from Kansas State may have been giving him trouble, but the truth is, A&M won because Texas let them run the ball. McCoy ShmuckCoy, Texas defense had a job to do...

But as they say: "All's well that ends well."

And today ended VERY well for the Sooners.

YAY!

No comments: