Wait till you see this!
Before I got out of bed yesterday I went around the internet and I ran across this link and the photos blew me away...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2011471/Pictures-sand-Close-photographs-reveal-incredible-beauty.html
That is SAND.
The seemingly ugly, ordinary stuff we WALK on.
I'll spare you the deep thoughts on this, as I know you are already amazed at how God thinks of us more often than the total number all these crazy tiny gorgeous grains of sands that he made simply to be the ground beneath our feet.
But i will draw your attention to the the scientists comments on how sand is made.
(Personally, I think churches should ditch the purified silver/pruned branches analogies and use this next time!)
So in short... next time you feel ordinary or ugly... think of SAND.
Before I got out of bed yesterday I went around the internet and I ran across this link and the photos blew me away...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2011471/Pictures-sand-Close-photographs-reveal-incredible-beauty.html
That is SAND.
The seemingly ugly, ordinary stuff we WALK on.
I'll spare you the deep thoughts on this, as I know you are already amazed at how God thinks of us more often than the total number all these crazy tiny gorgeous grains of sands that he made simply to be the ground beneath our feet.
But i will draw your attention to the the scientists comments on how sand is made.
(Personally, I think churches should ditch the purified silver/pruned branches analogies and use this next time!)
"Contrary to popular belief, sand is made as rocks crash and break in rivers and streams on their way to the sea, rather than the ebb and flow of the tides.In closing, this really spoke to me about how more often than not, our culture makes people feel ordinary or ugly. If sand, which to our eyes really is ordinary and ugly, can be that beautiful we just can't see it, then how gorgeous must we, who are made in His image, really be?
Deposits left by breaking rocks in the sea turns to silt and is much lighter so is dispersed over a much wider area out to sea, rather than on the shore line.
Some of the rock is soluble, but other bits remain and as they are slowly rubbed down over time they get smaller and smaller until they become what we know as sand."
So in short... next time you feel ordinary or ugly... think of SAND.
No comments:
Post a Comment