1.27.2009

For Tarrah / Random...

Oddly enough, I feel as though this little "gem" makes the rounds every year. Usually I ignore it.. but for you Tarrah (and for the sake of my extreme boredom) I'll see what I can come up with...

Here goes nothing:

1. This weekend in Dallas I went to an Irish pub (complete with Irish bands) with some friends. While I was there one of the guys told me to go up and sing with them (I've found that most people assume you are part Irish if you have red hair...) and we got into a conversation about Irish accents which reminded me that I played Ms. Paroo (the Irish mother) in The Music Man in high school. Accent and all. I think I generally try to block that out...

2. I don't really like beer*.. and I wish I did cause: 1. who doesn't like beer? and 2. it's cheaper. These days it's the vodka 7.. or if I'm at home, vanilla rum with diet Dr. Pepper. (*Yazoo Hefeweizen and Blue Moon are alright)

3. I don't "twitter" and I'm wondering how long I'll keep holding out on it...

4. I've been to 3 continents (living in 2!), sat on the 5th row at a Superbowl Game (for free), had free floor "seats" to a U2 concert, surfed in Hawaii, hiked in Alaska, backpacked in the grand canyon, met Cameron Crowe, George Clooney, President Clinton and Michelle Obama. I've run a half marathon, attended the G8 summit, been homeless for 4 months and have set foot in 37 (at least) of America's 50 states, and yet, most days I feel like my life is kinda boring.

5. Generally, the skinnier I am, the more unhappy I am.

6. If my eyes are greener than usual, it means I've been crying.

7. I'm a completionist. Leaving things unfinished, from books, to lists, to conversations really bothers me.

8. For better or worse, 2008 for me can basically be summed up with the words: "Interesting Decision."

9. I'm a fast-reader... sometimes it frightens me. When the last Harry Potter book came out, I read it in 10 hours.

10. I've never broken a bone in my body.

11. I've never had braces.

12. I'm paying off my education. I owe less than the cost of 2 years at Belmont now towards my student loans.. and I'm really proud of it....

13. I'm about to be 25. I'm not in love, engaged, married, buying a house, working at an awesome well-paying job, or pregnant (nor do I have kids)... according to this, a large percentage of people I know would be worried.... but personally, I don't think any of those things are for me.

14. When I turn 28 I will make a lot of money. Several of my guy friends and I have bets going because I told them that I plan to adopt when I am 33. No one believes me (mistake number one boys). A select few individuals seem to think my life will be taking a different route, specifically, that'll be married by 27... and since they've put their money where their mouth is (as have I), I'll be raking in the cash as an un-married 28 year old woman. Not to mention an even greater payoff at 33...

15. The possession I've had the longest would have to be my cat, Valentine, who, if she were a person, would be a junior in college this year.

16. I make a lot of mistakes. I don't always regret them, but I'm often jealous that mine don't ever work out as well as so many others' seem to.

17. Speaking of regret... I don't regret much... I only have 2 that continually come to me, and I am 99.9% sure that no one knows, or could even guess, what they are.

18. I don't miss my old car, but I do miss my old sunroof.

19. Sometimes, if I have too much time on my hands, I still get sad about disappointments I had as a kid/teenager.. I'm talking, stuff from 9-15 years ago! Weird, I know! But knowing this, it makes me mad when people say things like "This won't matter so much later.' or "one day this will make sense"... because obviously, that's not entirely true. Sometimes things just don't make sense.

20. Maybe it's because most everyone I spend my time with as of late is older than me, but for some reason I'm not so freaked out about turning 25.

21. But I was really bothered by turning 24.

22. The biggest problem I have with myself is reconciling my childhood hopes with my adult reality. Most days I really wish I hadn't been such a dreamer growing up. My life is fine, I just had an over-active imagination I think..

23. Marion and I are signing up for THIS. And I am super excited!

24. I get restless when I've been in one place too long. I like being able to get in my car/on a plane and get away for the weekend.

25. I organized and set up my closet the other day, and it made me extremely happy. I'm not always neat and tidy, but I get a high from having things organized.

2 comments:

our family said...

Danica,

thank you for doing this for me:) you are so sweet!!! I only wish I've done half the things you have in your life (25 is very young:)

Tarrah

P.S. Make sure to post lots of pictures of the "Muddy Buddy race" your going to rock!!!

Matt said...

Ditto on 25. I did the same thing last month and it was the best day evah.