8.14.2007

Random fragments.

I am sad that The Jayhawks split up. Rainy Day Music is one of my favorite albums.

However, I love the way I can play them on iTunes and when the album finishes it goes straight into Jeff Buckley's Grace. (Which I have finally come to appreciate) I couldn't have planned a better transition. Love when that happens!

I'm setting up my fall schedule this week. I gotta say, it's so nice not having to go to school anymore. I miss some things about it, sure. But for the most part: making my own schedule, working 20-30 hours a week, writing, taking road trips in the middle of the week...being out of school is fabulous! I used to think staying in school was better because you could avoid the "real world" longer. But I think I was wrong. School can be very monopolizing of your time... and being the over-acheiver that I was, well, it got a little crazy there for a while.

Anyhow. I'm sad to be missing Rufus and Neko tonight. And I'm sad that I probably won't get out to see Nickel Creek & Fiona. Tear.

BUT, it looks like I might get to see the Titans/Packers Game in a couple weeks. AWESOME. Now if I could find a way to see OU/Texas.

One last thing... I meant to post about this a month ago, but congrats to James and Jena on their exciting news. You can read their story here: http://jamesandjena.blogspot.com/

(also congrats to: Anita, Ashly W, Haley, Kristen C, Jes, Erin (and ben!), and Drew for tying the knot this summer. Sorry I missed almost all of your weddings)

No comments: