11.09.2007

THE BIG THANK-YOU!

So the project is done, everyone exhale!

It's been quite a journey from that phone call in March, and for a while it seemed like it would never happen, but it did! It happened! It's done! And I'm already sick of it! Haha.. kidding. (sort of)

It's hard to imagine the work that went in to such a small endeavor. The amount of paperwork and red tape it takes to get something done right. If only it were just about the music. If only it were a simple as just writing songs. Oh well, that's life I guess. Regardless, it was a lot of fun, and I'm hoping to start on an acoustic project with some people here soon. We shall see. For now, I've got some people to thank!

I am extremely blessed to have had so many talented, humble people work with me on this project. I don't know what I did to deserve you all, but thank-you!!!!!

Here's what I wish I could have included in the liner notes:

Da Band-
For being willing to practice in a hot, smelly basement with bad lighting: thank-you!! For bringing my music to life: thank-you! And for being so laid-back and putting up with my "rehearsals": thank-you!! You guys make me smile... so much.

Matt Casey-
Damn boy. I can't thank you enough for squeezing me into your already packed schedule. Thanks for putting up with my not-so-awesome guitar playing, and for making my songs sound 20,000 times cooler. (and for being so humble about it) Don't leave us!

Luke Easterling-
Where to start? I love playing with you. So many bass players are one-dimensional and boring (and bad).. thanks for not being one of those! I really appreciate your dramatic readings, your lovely chord recommendations, your uh... "special" phone calls and your nomination for Matt, I can see why he's your favorite. Thanks for moving back to the 'ville.

Marcus Hill- Well..my production team has a man crush on you, and I can't think of a higher complement than that. =) Seriously, thanks for being a part of this and for bringing so much talent (and humility) to my little project. I know I can always count on you: to show up, to knock it out, and to give me that "marcus look" whenever I do something stupid. Thanks!

Aidan Rowe- You took my 5 chords and brought the magic. You ate my baked goods. You told me that I laugh too much during practice. Thanks for playing with me. You're awesome.

Andrew Osenga- Thank-you for bringing me one step closer to finding my groove, and for talking me through all of my ammature questions and concerns. You are a joy to work with. Your talent, humility and leadership are extremely appreaciated! (and thanks for introducing us to Vittles!)

Andy Hunt- Round 1, 2 and 3. All usable in my opinion. Thanks for all your hard work. I'm one lucky gal to have had you work on this with me!

Randy Gardner- Sorry it took us so long to connect, but thanks for being the final piece of the audio post-production!

Discmakers- Oh man. You had me sweating for a while there. Thanks for not screwing this up. Considering how many ways this could have gone wrong, that's impressive!

David Nguyen-
I still think you should work in production, but if Publishing is your thing, then I'll take your word for it. I had a lot of fun with all our little grassroots recording sessions. Thanks for being cool and humoring me! Record again next week? =)

Morgan Levy-
Maybe you should create MySpace layouts for a living! =) Thanks for helping me with some of the small details.

Marion Millard- I really wish we could have used one of your photos. Someday!! Thanks for all of your help on the front end, and for encouraging me along the way.

Josh Mercer- I swear I don't cry as much as you probably think I do. For all those late night phone calls, early morning freak outs, emails with attachment after attachment after attachment, thank-you! You've been extremely patient and encouraging. I totally owe you. I couldn't have asked for a better brother (and Austin booking agent). Thanks.

Luke Boardman- You gave me a bio like no other. You agreed that the new tracks will put this project to shame soon. You pestered me to no end for mp3's. You approved of my album title and theme. You told me when I was being neurotic (which, granted is most of the time). You sent me poetry and told me your tales of hitting on lesbians. You used the word "hymen" correctly in a poem...Thanks.

Kelsey- Everyone deserves a friend who will let them drip snot on their roof (more than once). Thanks for proving that not everyone leaves.

Mom and Dad- I know it's in your job description to believe, but thanks for believing anyway (even after I quit my job to sing for a living).

David Overholt-
Mr. website extraordinaire, thanks for working with me on this.

Kristin- You are so talented. Thanks for letting me put you to work. It's so pretty! Yay!

Brian Grant-
I have to say, you've shown me side of myself I've never seen before. Thanks for making me feel comfortable taking pictures in the middle of the street, and for being so excited for me. Walk off soon?

Katie Walker-
Girl... you have mad skills. Thanks for not making fun of my extreme lack of makeup knowledge, for enduring the heat and for making my pictures awesome.

Levi Kennedy-
Hooray for guitar tech 101. I promise to be a better student

Laura Taylor- Thanks for listening through everything and giving me pointers. Thanks for helping me choose songs and for reminding me that it's my opinion that matters most.

Heather Snodgrass-
Thanks for putitng up with my screaming, singing and stalling all summer long as I reworked songs and tried to make everything fall into place. Thanks for letting me use your muffin tin to make sustenance for the team.

Emily- If you can't skinny-dip with your roommate, then who else is there? Thanks for being so supportive and excited for me.

To the 80 of you (and counting) who have purchased the final product: Thanks for helping me pay rent! =) I really hope you enjoy it!!

For anyone I missed... please know I'm greatful. (and if you doubt it, email me and I'll add you in!)

Well folks. There you have it.

I said I would do it.

And I did...

With your help!!

THANK-YOU!!!!

No comments: