So it’s almost Thanksgiving. The time where we sit around stuffing ourselves in the name of “tradition” (which could be debated) and tell each other that we are thankful to be the free American capitalists that we are... ahh good times.
Well I have no qualms with turkey, but the ‘proud to be an American’ bit lost it’s luster a few years ago.. SO, in an attempt to put thankfulness back into Thanksgiving I decided to post a list of things that I am thankful for... (side note: just so you know... in an effort to save time and space, this list does not contain the basic things I am thankful for, such as food, water, good health and shelter... yes, I am very thankful for all of these things too..)
Alrighty, here goes nothing...
I’m thankful...
1. ...for my newfound Christian friends. I was beginning to give up hope of ever finding any. They have, by far, been the greatest blessings in my life this year.
2. As much as I hate myself for it, I am thankful that I am an analytical person. Sure it’s annoying, and sure, sometimes it feels like my head never gets any rest.. but I’ve grown accustomed to this terrible habit, and now I can’t really imagine things any other way.
3....that I have a brother who calls me, and isn’t afraid to “discuss” issues with me. I’m thankful that he will let me disclose all the details of my life without judging me. Yay Josh, I love you!
4. ...for my church. While there are times that I feel like the black sheep in the crowd, I am thankful that I have a church to call home here in Nashville.
5. ...that my friends trust me enough to ask me for advice, even if it is difficult at times.
6. As much as it sucks, I’m glad that God is slowly opening my eyes to what I really want out of life.
7. I’m extremely thankful for all of the opportunities I have had this semester: being an RA, heading up H&H, volunteering, visiting politicians.. I am truly blessed to be in a position to do so many different things...
8. “...that I’m incapable of doing any good on my own.” =)
9. ...that God doesn’t give me everything I ask for
10. ...that my 2 mile is faster than Cadet Clark’s. (haha, sorry, it’s a “Vision” thing)
11. ...that the only religious persecution I have to endure consists of: the preconceived ideas of others, sarcasm, the occasional eye-roll, and Lifeway.
12....that I’m not right about everything.
13. ...for my family... Even if I disagree with them a lot, I am still blessed to have them.
14. ...that I have more confidence this year, I’m a little less of an emotional pushover. YAY!
15. ...that I can run 3.5 miles! Ahhh!
16. ...that God saved me from this summer... in more ways than one..
17. ..that I’m a tad bit more patient than I was when I arrived in August, though not by much.
18. ...that my car has made it through the semester without any trouble! (amen!)
19. ...that I’m actually in a good choir now. yay.
20. ...that God has kept me open-minded to new people, places, things, and ideas.
21. ...for my cat. 15 yrs and still going strong. wow.
and finally, (though there are so many more..)
22. ... for all of my friends, all over the world (literally!). I know it sounds cheesy, but you have all added a piece of your uniqueness to my life. Thanks.
Have a great holiday! Be safe!
No comments:
Post a Comment