“I have come to believe that by and large the human family all has the same secrets, which are both very telling and very important to tell. They are telling in the sense that they tell what is perhaps the central paradox of our condition - that what we hunger for perhaps more than anything else is to be known in our full humanness, and yet that is often just what we also fear more than anything else.” - Frederick Buechner
2.07.2004
What a day! Would you like a run-through? Sure you would! So it started at midnight on Feb. 6th when i received a phone call from Jocie in San Diego, calling to wish me Happy Birthday and talk.. I also got to talk to Meuy and Nicole!! Yay! I miss you guys! Then when I got off the phone the San Diegans, I found a message on my phone from Blake! So he found me online and we talked. I finally went to sleep around 2, only to awake around 7 to a phone call from my dad!! He sang to me! So sweet! aww! So, I got up around 7:30 to go to Fido for breakfast with April. but not before I checked my e-mail and read a letter from jules! For breakfast I had a piece of Italian Cream Cake (my fave!) anda bagel w/ cream cheese. Then I went to class for 3 hours only to come back to my dorm to more messages!! Yay! Lots of blog comments! Thanks Amy and Josh and Anita! And of course phone calls from mom and a phone call from Julie! Then I went to class again, and came back to more messages... then April and my roomie Tera suprised me with a chocolate cake, complete with candels and all! And more singing! Yay! Then things got crazy cause I checked my mail and got cards from Marla and fam, Myrna, and a package from Grandmom, and a phone call from Grandmom. And more e-mails from katie and Megan and Lisa. Somewhere in there I went to the bank and went to buy a Dr. Pepper. Then I had to do this choir concert thing at this church service that was really odd.... but luckily it only took 1 hour and 15 minutes, so then I hurried off to PF Changs to meet Ann, April and Lauren where I had the best Chinese food I've ever eaten along with my 3rd peice of cake for the day (cheesecake). We spent a coulple hours and over $80 there and then headed off to see the movie "Miracle" which was really good! Then i returned home to more messages, IM's from Marla, phone calls from Josh, mom, and Cullen and Blair. And one last peice of cake with Ann and Lauren. So now here I am at 3am, sitting writing out this whole thing, and I am dang tired! I have a great family and great friends and I had a great day! Yay, I'm 20! (I loved all of my gifts too! Thank-you all so much!) Love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment