12.16.2003

I want to go to China or Africa this summer. I would like to do an internship at several different non-profit organizations in Washington DC. But I can't do any of these things because my parents would not approve, and as usual, I need to make money. I hate money. Money keeps me from doing things I want to do, money makes me feel trapped. And realistically, what will I gain from making money? I'll just find more ways to spend it....my car will break down, or tuition go up, or I'll make new friends that I'll want to buy gifts for. I've come to accept the fact that I will probably be a slave to Sallie Mae for the rest of my life. Speaking of my life... what do I want to do with it? I want to work in under-developed countries, I want to have friends around the world, and I don't want to regret stupid things like passing up a summer in Africa so that I can make a few bucks waiting tables and going to summer school.

No comments: