I enjoy cooking. I'm not the most creative cook ever, but I can follow instructions pretty well, and I like to throw in my own twists here an there. Unfortunately, cooking for one is a drag (way too many leftovers), and I can be as lazy as the next person (with so many great restaurants in Nashville, who can blame me?), not to mention I hate the post-cooking clean-up. Needless to say, I haven't really done much cooking in a long while. However, I decided to spend the past month without eating out. That's right, I haven't gone out to eat, or visited a drive-thru since mid-February. Anyhow, this has given me time to cook now and then.
Which leads us to tonight. In a recent magazine there was a recipe that featured the George Forman grill. Now you know how I love my George Forman... and just this past year I upgraded to the bigger one. Score. So I copied down several recipes at work and when I returned home, after a run and a shower, I ventured off to the mecca. (aka: Whole Foods) On tonight's menu? Pesto Salmon patties with a Creamy Lemon-Pesto Sauce.
People, it was good. I even have plenty of the "batter" and sauce leftover, so you should come by and let me cook one up for you!
For you curious kids at home, here's what you need:
2 large eggs (I would wager that size doesn't matter in this case, but who knows)
1 can of salmon
1/3 cup potato flakes (or, if you are like me and spend an hour at the grocery store only to come home and realize that you forgot the potato flakes, do not curse and have a melt down, just pour a bunch of flour in the mixture until it looks a little less moist)
1/4 cup pesto
2 Tablespoons grated onion (or diced/chopped... worked for me)
1 Tablespoon chopped parsley (I just shook my canister until it looked about right)
1/4 teaspoon Salt
Mix it all together and form it into patties. Place on the heated Forman Grill. Grill for 5 minutes, and wahlah!
For the Sauce:
1/4 cup Mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons Sour Cream
2 Tablespoons Pesto
1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
Mix it all together and either pour it on top of your cooked patties, or use it on the side as a dipping sauce. Yum!
So yes, that was my Friday night. Me and my salmon patties sat and listened to some Glenn Miller, and Tchaikovsky while following through on the usual email/online business.
Am I swinging 20 something or what?
(objects may not appear as appealing as they taste)
2 comments:
that sounds AMAZING. i think my camping trip is getting canned so i might have to take you up on one of those.
That sounds even better than when you told me about it. OH MAN. I'm hungry.
Post a Comment