So at work I basically pass the time doing one thing or another, like making business cards for myself. I gotta say, they look pretty darn nice too.
I also spend time perusing the net. Finding interesting articles such as this one: http://michellemalkin.com/archives/007286.htm
Or uncovering great videos like this: or this: or this:
Sometimes I even go on facebook and join groups like "Thomas Kinkaid should Crawl Back into His Cottage and Never Come Back." (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2211816560) and then force all my friends to join. I've been pretty successful!
But aside from work and my evening musical musings and all that... I do in fact, have a life. Surprising I know. Crazy to think that I used to actually talk about my life on here! We're going to try to do that now and again. I've had this post in limbo for almost 4 weeks not, but I finally wrapped it up so here it is:
My life over the past month:
-I went to the Festival of Faith and Music at Calvin College up in Grand Rapids Michigan back at the end of March. It was as good as I remember it being the last time. Sufjan was great (to put it lightly). He played for over 2 hours and his show involved flying blow up Santas and Supermans, a huge projector screen behind him running throughout the show, and of course he and the band all had wings on...the band in butterfly wings, and Sufjan in bird wings.
It was kinda depressing, it was that good.
It made me wish I had 1/4 of his talent and creativity.
Anyways, it was a good weekend I guess. Nice to be away from work, though I probably shouldn't have gone seeing as how I haven't worked a 40 hour week in I don't know how long. Oh well, what's done is done.
We went through Chicago on our way back. Ran through some sand dunes at Lake Michigan. Got some pizza at Giordano's. Walked the streets for a bit in the rain. It was nice.
-The following weekend found me home alone as Emily went camping for Easter break. I babysat a couple of nights, and then Saturday when Emily came home we hosted an Italian Dinner at the house. It was basically awesome. We made 3 different types of pasta, my favorite tomato and mozzerella salad, fine wines, gelato, and luscious appetizers. I think I'm still trying to lose the weight. It was that good.
-Easter sunday found me attending a sunrise service outside in the 29 degree weather followed bt hiding 50+ easter eggs at Kristins house for what we call "Easter Feaster." There was church again that evening, then sushi at PM, followed by cookie dough eggrolls at Jackson's for Sharee's 21st birthday. Good times.
-Then a surprise came. My grandparents gace me a call saying they were going to be in Memphis for the weekend and they would love to have me come stay with them at The Peabody hotel. So I took the weekend off and drove to Memphis and spent the weekend in Memphis's nicest hotel, visting Beale Street, enjoying ribs at Rondezvous Ribs, and watching the ducks in the hotel lobby. Fun!
-This past weekend involved game night with the post-college crowd at Jordan's house, my first Hot Yoga experience (sweat, yum), AFI movie night at Robert and Charissa's (North by Northwest), and yesterday: Wendy's annual Tea Party, Church and dinner at Logan's.
In other news: I've recently been working through a book called "Bold Love." I think it belongs on my "Life's Required Reading" list. It can go right up there with "My name is Asher Lev," "Real Sex, (another great book.. though that's another post)" and "Compassion: A Reflection on the Christian Life." I also just finished Rob Sheffield's "love is a Mix Tape." So good. So sad. So.. so right. It's funny, some of the things he says about dealing with death are equally applicable to other life situations. I highly recommend it.
2 comments:
Girl...your life is so much more exciting than mine.
I've had a very long, very stressful, very headache-inducing few weeks. But they are over now (for at least a few days) and I'm headed to Lawrence to see my sister.
I can't wait till I get to actually sit down and talk to you again.
Hope all is well!
I love this "make a hair plan" business. That's something I've been meaning to do. It's just that with CONSTANT DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS NEEDING TO BE SOLVED, I don't even get to sleep.
I've tried to leave you SO many comments on here and it never works. We'll see if this one does.
Post a Comment