“I have come to believe that by and large the human family all has the same secrets, which are both very telling and very important to tell. They are telling in the sense that they tell what is perhaps the central paradox of our condition - that what we hunger for perhaps more than anything else is to be known in our full humanness, and yet that is often just what we also fear more than anything else.” - Frederick Buechner
3.27.2007
tell me about it.
"I see all throughout the Bible descriptions and promises of what life can look like for people who follow Jesus. They are presented as things that are very possible for a very ordinary person like me. This promised life is described as one filled with hope, with peace, with beauty and joy. It is a life of love and grace and mercy and forgiveness—a life of contentment and fulfillment and satisfaction. And yet I find that my life is often far removed from that. I’m not sure about you, but I often find in my own spiritual journey this great divide between the potential of what could be and the reality of what actually is. ...I so clearly see where I want to be but have such a difficult time actually getting there." -Jason Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment