So, my car registration was set to expire at the end of August, so on my trip back to OK I set out to renew it in hopes of delaying getting TN plates. To my misfortune however, the tag agency was closed all weekend, so I returned to Nashville ready to bite the bullet and pay for TN tags only to find a ticket on my car- for expired tags. Boo. (ps-to add insult to injury, the airport threw away all my lip gloss too)
So, the next morning I call around and learn that TN requires individuals to pass emissions testing before you can register. So off I go to the emissions place only to learn that my car has some sort of "gross fumes leak" and that the check engine light no longer works. Thus a FAIL on my emissions test. So off I go to the car shop. 1 day and $250 later the problem is fixed. (However, the ticket is now MIA)
Throughout this mess I go back and forth from Tangredi's trying to get the money they owe me that they never mailed me, only to have the owner say, "Oh, I don't know where you're check went. Come back Saturday when little Mike is here." (little Mike is their 16 year old son who handles the finances... hmmm)
So I come by on Sunday,and after waiting 10 minutes, little Mike appears only to say, "oh they erased you from the computer, so we don't know how much we owe you.. but here's $80." Ummm, ok whatever.
Sunday means the emissions places are closed, so I couldn't take the car in to be retested. Instead we took it to church where the driver side window was smashed in, the visors ripped off, the stereo and console ripped apart and roughly 30 CD's stolen.





The good news is, I now know who to call to try and get my missing ticket taken care of. AND we only had to wait about 2 1/2 hours for the police to come and wrap everything up.
The bad news: reporting it to insurance won't help because my deductible is too high and a report will raise my future insurance premiums. Wow America sucks.
So today I go in for a "second interview" with Atlas Promotional. It was what they call a "Day of Observation." But I like to call it "a day of something else." The good news: I got the job. The bad news: I don't think I can take it. Being promoted to management in 4-6 months witha a salary of $1,200 a week sound promising and all, but I simply can't survive on commission only for 6 months! With no benefits or base pay? Not to mention I'm walking around selling stuff, which is probably the worst job ever... yeah...
Meanwhile, everyone's at the Sufjan show and I can't afford to go. =(
Not the best week of my life.
And I still need to get my car registered....
1 comment:
Actually, I happen to find the taping job curiously De Stijl-like. I think Mondrian would be impressed. On a serious, hang in there, things will get better!
Post a Comment